Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Array function - I think!

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"CES" wrote in message
Yes - thanks so much! Simple and direct and better than me creating over
400
IF functions for a cell (which is what I was doing).

Cynthia

"T. Valko" wrote:

See if this does what you want...

=SUMIF(H20:H403,"<",M20:M403)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"CES" wrote in message
I am trying to get a formula to return a number if two other cells have
values. Column X might have a number or a letter; Column Y will have a
number. For a particular line, if there is something in Column X and
Column
Y, I want it to return the value of the number in column Y. I can do
this
with a simple IF function, but the problem I'm having is that I need
the
cell
to add the value of every line where there is something in Column X and
Column Y. I tried making an array formula but it did not work:
=SUM((ISLOGICAL(H20:H403))*(ISLOGICAL (M20:M403))*(M20:M403))
Help!

Cynthia

.