Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Date format

DAY returns 1 to 31, not 1 to 7, Jim, but it's still the wrong answer as you
said.
--
David Biddulph

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote in message
Same issue if you use the Day formula as using the month fromula. It
returns
the numbers 1 through7 which will correspond to Jan 1 - Jan 7 1900. Just
format the date without the day function to get the proper day of the
week.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Emece" wrote:

Yes, I meant DAY. Thanks for noticing it and for your help.

"????? (????) ?????" wrote:

I assume you meant DAY and not MONTH.
If A1 holds the first date . in B1 type: =Day(A1) and format, column
"B", as
dddd.
Pls nothoce that you can also Custom Format the dates in col. "A" in
order
to avoid the helper column [b].
Micky

"Emece" wrote:

I have a column with dates in the following format: 30/03/2010
(Spanish date
format) I want to display in another column only the month, and in
format
dddd, so that it shows Tuesday.

I do this in to steps:
1. =month(date)
2. Change the format to a custom one: dddd

Is there a way to do this in only one step?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Emece.-