Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Joe User[_2_] Joe User[_2_] is offline

Default If-Then logics

Errata...

I wrote:
But if you had more categories, you might want to consider VLOOKUP.
For example:
=vlookup(A1, {0,3000,5000}, {1, 2, 3})

I meant LOOKUP, viz.:

=lookup(A1, {0,3000,5000}, {1, 2, 3})

Moreover, if the result is simply 1, 2, 3, etc, i.e. a category index, MATCH
would suffice. For example:

=match(A1, {0,3000,5000})