Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Networkdays and misleading results from blank column

=IF(B1="","",NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1,Holidays)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 11:23:01 -0700, Rosemarie
wrote:

Hello, I am working with two columns of dates and need to work out the number
of working days between two dates, column A and column B with result in
Column C. However in some instances column B is blank.
Example: Column A = 14/01/2010 Column B = 23/01/2010 Result = 7 & thats
ok. Problem is when column B is blank because the result would then come
back as -28708.

I am using the following formula: =NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1,Holidays). How could
I add a condition to this formula that would translate 'if A1 and B1 are not
blank then calculate number of days, if B1 is blank return a 0 (zero) result'

Reason I need a zero or blank return is because afterward I'm working out
the average number of days.
Many thanks