Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Malika Malika is offline

Default count blank cells to next value

Hello Bob,

Thank-you very much for your suggestion. Although I already have a solution
(provided by Faraz), I was keen to try your suggestion as well. What I found
though was that the formula totals all the values in Column A (i.e. if I
enter a date in C7, B7 totals A1:A7, if there is a date in C7 and I enter a
date in C8, B8 totals A1:A8 instead of just A8.)

While it is not the solution for the problem I posted, it is a solution I
was looking for in another workbook. So thank-you very much.

Malika

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Try this ARRAY formula

=IF(C1="","",SUM(A1:INDEX(A:A,MAX(1,MIN(IF($C$1:$C 1="",ROW($B$1:$B1)))))))

--

HTH

Bob

"Malika" wrote in message
Hello,
I am using Excel 2007. Column A records individual sales. Column C
records
the date that bulk payments are made to suppliers. When a date is entered
into Column C, I would like Column B to sum the value in Column A up to
the
previous bulk payment. For example, when the date is entered into C7, B7
should sum A7:A2.

A B C
1 14.40 14.40 15/03/2010
2 9.00