Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett[_2_] Don Guillett[_2_] is offline

Default count blank cells to next value

Right click sheet tabview codeinsert this.

If Target.Column < 3 Or Target.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Target.Row = 1 Then
Target.Offset(, -1) = Cells(1, 1)
Else
fc = Target.End(xlUp).Row + 1
Target.Offset(, -1) = _
Application.Sum(Range(Cells(fc, 1), Cells(Target.Row, 1)))

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Faraz Ahmed Qureshi" wrote in
message ...
On B2 try:
=if(ISNUMBER(C2),sum(A$1:A2)-sum(B$1:B1),"")
and copy it down.
Best of luck!
--
Thanx & Best Regards,

Faraz!

"Malika" wrote:

Hello,
I am using Excel 2007. Column A records individual sales. Column C
records
the date that bulk payments are made to suppliers. When a date is
entered
into Column C, I would like Column B to sum the value in Column A up to
the
previous bulk payment. For example, when the date is entered into C7, B7
should sum A7:A2.

A B C
1 14.40 14.40 15/03/2010
2 9.00