Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
djhunt77 djhunt77 is offline

Default Why can't I use the MONTH function within the SUMIFS statement

Thanks Bob - that suggestion worked perfectly!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

You just can't, it's daft isn't it, makes SUMIFS more or less pointless IMO.

Try this

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Category=A2),--(Month(DateOfService)=1),Amount)

--

HTH

Bob

"djhunt77" wrote in message
I have a Detail worksheet with three named ranges: Category, DateOfService
and Amount.

I have a Summary worksheet where I am trying to summaries the amounts by
Category (represented by the rows) and Month (represented by the columns).

Why do I get an error when I try to use this formula on the Summary sheet?

=SUMIFS(Amount,Category,A2,Month(DateOfService),1)

where A2 is the first row in the summary data.

.