Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default Multiple Conditionals in MS Excel 2007

It depends on your definition of simple. In 2007, additional conditions are
created with the New Rule... menu item, and use Use a Formula.... For Red
you will want:
=or(and(i8="H",j8="H"),and(i8="H",j8="M"),and(i8=" M",j8="H"))

Add a new rule for each of your other colors.

Regards,
Fred

"IanH" wrote in message
I have been trying to work out how to go about calculating multiple
conditionals using the Wizard. In MS 2003 you can use the Add
button.......in
2007 it seems to have disappeared???
I was hoping to be able to calculate the following for a Risk spreadsheet.
For each RED, AMBER, GREEN (RAG) cell (manually filled with appropriate
colour), I want to automatically work out the RAG status and fill with
colour
(or use traffic ligts) based on the following.

Example:
the RAG cell is B8 (I wish to calculate this automatically)
I have a Severity cell I8 and Probability Cell J8
There are 3 levels, H (HIGH), M (MEDIUM), L (LOW). I manually populate
these
values.

The conditions a
If I8 is equal to H and J8 is equal to H then B8 should have a fill of RED
If I8 is equal to H and J8 is equal to M then B8 should have a fill of RED
If I8 is equal to M and J8 is equal to H then B8 should have a fill of RED

If I8 is equal to M and J8 is equal to M then B8 should have a fill of
AMBER
If I8 is equal to M and J8 is equal to L then B8 should have a fill of
AMBER
If I8 is equal to L and J8 is equal to M then B8 should have a fill of
GREEN

If I8 is equal to L and J8 is equal to L then B8 should have a fill of
GREEN
If I8 is equal to L and J8 is equal to M then B8 should have a fill of
GREEN
If I8 is equal to M and J8 is equal to L then B8 should have a fill of
GREEN

Is there a simple way to do this? Thanks in advance