Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
nadine nadine is offline

Default Color Me Red

Put your cursor in cell B2 and go to Conditional Formatting. Choose greater
than and then select cell A2 as the one to compare to. Then select Format
and choose the Pattern red.

If you look at the box to the right of the greater than option you'll see it
reads =$A$2. Remove the dollar sign before the 2 and hit OK. Then copy this
cell all the way down to the end of the data you are formatting.

"Yrrep" wrote:

When I try to select all of column B and CF then "greater than", then select
all column A, then color red
I get "cannot use direct reference to a worksheet range in a conditional
format formula."

"tech1NJ" wrote in message
Try highlighting all the Cells in Column B then perform your conditional
formating again. You can not copy and paste this function.

--
tech1NJ

"Yrrep" wrote:

A B
Range Average
200.0 46.0
500.0 120.0
3900.0 1733.0
950.0 485.0
3000 3317.0
4.8 4.0
2.0 1.2
136.0 87.1
40.0 17.2
need some way to color column B red, if greater than column A

I tried to conditional format but when I copy down it don't work

There are actually 63 rows and 43 columns.

.

.