Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default If and Vlookup

If you're looking for the text "AB", you need to put it in quotes. You also
have mismatched parentheses. Try:
=IF('Raw Data'!B$2="AB",VLOOKUP($A4,'Raw Data'!$A:$A,7,FALSE),0)

Regards,
Fred

"Confused in AZ" <Confused in wrote in message
I am trying to get a vllook up to be conditional if a certain criteria is
met. I have tried =IF('Raw Data'!B$2=AB,(VLOOKUP($A4,'Raw
Data'!$A:$A,7,FALSE),0)

Raw Data is the sheet that I need information from. I need the formula to
look in colum b and determine if the value is AB or CF. If it matches AB
need it to do a vlookup based on the customer number in column A of that
row
and return the value in colum 7 . I need to be able to drag this formula
vertically and horizontally. Please help. Thanks