Brian

Thanks for the reply, but I can't get this to work.

I know that I can use Paste Link to copy a cell from one Workbook to another
and this will be linked. But I need to be able to have a formula in a cell
that will copy the contents of another workbooks cell based on a workbook
name that will be in a cell in the first workbook.

"Bill Martin -- (Remove NOSPAM from addre" wrote:

Brian wrote:
Hi all,

Is there any way that I can link a cell in Workbook A to a cell in Workbook
B(sheet1) based on a variable entry (workbook name) in Workbook A

Workbook A contains two cells

A1 = Workbook B (this is the variable name)
B1 = I want this to be the same as cell B1 in Workbook B

I will then want to copy the formula in Workbook A cell B1 to other cells so
that B2, B3 etc.. will contain the data from the respective cells in Workbook

Hope the above makes sense

Brian
Workbook B will contain date in cell B1 = John Smith

Try:

[ ] = [WorkbookName]SheetName!A1

Good luck...

Bill