Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default Dates

hi
this is excel being helpful and unless otherwize specified, excel always
seems to assume the current year. it's filling in the gaps sort of. the only
way i know to do it is to preceed the input with an apostrophe ('). excel
will then view it as text and not be helpful anymore.

regards
FSt1

"JLeCoure" wrote:

Quick question. I am setting up a column with a date format and want to just
enter in the month and the year ie. 03/09. However when I enter this in it
assumes that I am requesting for the current year and posts as 03/10 is
displayed. 03/09/10 in the function field. Is there a way to do this and
only enter in the month and year or do I need to enter in the full date
03/01/10?