Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett[_2_] Don Guillett[_2_] is offline

Default selecting data from a database

You could probably use a sumproduct or sum(if array formula for this.

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Roy Gudgeon" wrote in message
I'll try my best to explain what i I want to do....

I have a databse that contains a list of times recorded by athletes over
various distances.

I would like ot be able to run a macro that compiles a report by selecting
personal best times by athletes name for the various distances. the
database
is continually added to, athletes times are constantly updated so
refencing
specific cells is not feasible.

I currently sort the database by name, distance, best time for that
distance
so I can see an athletes history but need a method to extract the best
times
for each discipline

--
thanks