Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roy Gudgeon[_2_] Roy Gudgeon[_2_] is offline

Default selecting data from a database

I'll try my best to explain what i I want to do....

I have a databse that contains a list of times recorded by athletes over
various distances.

I would like ot be able to run a macro that compiles a report by selecting
personal best times by athletes name for the various distances. the database
is continually added to, athletes times are constantly updated so refencing
specific cells is not feasible.

I currently sort the database by name, distance, best time for that distance
so I can see an athletes history but need a method to extract the best times
for each discipline

--
thanks
Roy