Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sujata Sujata is offline

Default Problem using SaveAs method

Hi,

I'm running a perl script which uses Win 32 OLE package for Excel
operations. The script does some processing and populates a spreadsheet,
after which it uses the 'SaveAs' method to save it as xls in the same folder
in which the tool runs.
This used to work fine until recently I upgraded from MS Office 2003 to MS
Office 2007 version 12.0.6524.5003. Now, the script does not produce any xlsx
file at all.
I tried the same on another machine running Excel 2007 version
12.0.4518.1014, and surprisingly it generated the xlsx.

Is this some known issue with this version of Excel ? Pls suggest what
needs to be done.....I need to get this sorted very urgently.