Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Calculate the number of days to exclude Sunday & Holidays

Here's another one...

Create these defined names...

InsertNameDefine
Name: Array
Refers to: ={1;2;3;4;5;6;7;8;9;10}

Name: Days
Refers to: ={2,3,4,5,6,7}
OK out

A1 = some date
B1 = the number of workdays* = 3
Holidays = range of dates to be excluded

Then, array entered** :

=A1+1*SMALL(IF(WEEKDAY(A1+1*Array)=Days*ISNA(MATCH (A1+1*Array,Holidays,0)),Array),B1)

key then hit ENTER.

* this formula is specifically written to calculate *future dates* so the
number of workdays must be a positive number.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"LSG" wrote in message
I need to know what the third business day from a Manually entered date in
Cell B37 to exclude Sundays and Holidays. So far I have:

=WORKDAY(B37,3,Holidays)

But I realized that I need it include Sat. and this formula won't do that.
Any suggestions?

THANKS!

--
-Liz