Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Luke M[_4_] Luke M[_4_] is offline

Default Count a cell in month format

The MONTH function will return an error when it tries to process that later
cells containing "Pulled". Could try this array* formula Mike:

=SUM((MONTH(IF(ISNUMBER(A1:A21),A1:A21,0))=3)*(B1: B21="reg"))

Note that the "=3" part is the section that control which month you are
looking at.
*Array formulas must be confirmed using Ctrl+Shift+Enter, not just Enter.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"Jacob Skaria" wrote in message
Try
=SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(C1:C100)=3)*(D1:D100="reg"))

--
Jacob

"Mike Wheeler" wrote:

Cell data:
15-Feb REG
22-Feb REG
8-Mar REG
15-Mar REG
15-Mar REG
29-Mar APIN
29-Mar REG
29-Mar REG
29-Mar REG
29-Mar APIN
29-Mar APIN
5-Apr SHOP
12-Apr APIN
12-Apr APIN
26-Apr SHOP
Pulled NSTA
Pulled NSTA
Pulled NSTA
Pulled SHOP
Pulled SHOP
Pulled NSTA

The above columns are C and D, and I am trying to force A1 to give me a
count when column C is in the month of March, and D = "reg". I have a
macro
that filters C and D by the selected macro, so the month value will need
change according to the macro. I tried COUNT, and other versions, but it
doesn't like that.

Help?