Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jason Falzon[_2_] Jason Falzon[_2_] is offline

Default Macro using a cell reference

I have an aplication called DPlot that can take commands from inside excel
using macros.

I managed to interact already with it using the following: -

Sub DownElevation()
'
' DownElevation Macro
' Macro recorded 24/03/2010
'

'
Channel = DDEInitiate("DPlot", "System")
DDEExecute Channel, "[ContourViewChange(,-1)]"
DDETerminate Channel

End Sub
Sub UpElevation()
'
' UpElevation Macro
' Macro recorded 24/03/2010
'

'
Channel = DDEInitiate("DPlot", "System")
DDEExecute Channel, "[ContourViewChange(,1)]"
DDETerminate Channel

End Sub
Sub LeftAzimuth()
'
' LeftAzimuth Macro
' Macro recorded 24/03/2010
'

'
Channel = DDEInitiate("DPlot", "System")
DDEExecute Channel, "[ContourViewChange(-1,)]"
DDETerminate Channel

End Sub
Sub RightAzimuth()
'
' RightAzimuth Macro
' Macro recorded 24/03/2010
'

'
Channel = DDEInitiate("DPlot", "System")
DDEExecute Channel, "[ContourViewChange(1,)]"
DDETerminate Channel

End Sub

I created a button for each macro and that works fine. But the problem is
that to acheive the disired result I have to click a lot of times on each
button. I know that I can replace the 1 and -1 with higher numbers but then
that will be too course.

I was wondering if and how I could replace the 1 and -1 numbers with cell
contents, which cells contents are controlled via a scroll bar inside excel.

I know how to use the scroll bars, but I cannot find the correct way to
declare the cells inside the macro and subsequently how to use them/their
value.