Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marcia Marcia is offline

Default Figures locked in text format

Fred,
After messing around with the numbers a little bit more- I found that there
are two trailing spaces after the numbers. I looked on line for how to
remove them and I saw that there is a trim function to remove them. This did
not work. I also tried find and replace (find space space and replace with
blank). This did not work either. Any other ideas? For now I am hitting F2
and then deleting the spaces manually. It is too tedious for the amount of
data I have, so let me know if you've got any idea what I can do.

Thanks a lot.

-Marcia

"Fred Smith" wrote:

Give us an example of the data you are working with. And what have you tried
to "do to it"?

Regards,
Fred

"Marcia" wrote in message
I imported data from a web page and used the feature that allows me to post
the info to Excel with the destination formatting of the file I am posting
it
to. However, when I try to manipulate the data, as I have done in the
past
with other data, it will not let me reformat the text to number- no matter
what I do to it. I've tried everything! I want to be able to sum the
column,
etc.

.