Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_] Ashish Mathur[_2_] is offline

Default file names

Hi,

You could also try this. Press Ctrl+Fe New. Give the name as file_list.
In the refers to box, type the path of the directors from where you want the
list of files such as:

=FILES("D:\Documents\Material\sessions\docs\*.*")

Now in G1, enter the following formula

=index(file_list,row()) and copy down

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Mr Widget" wrote in message
Is there a way I can collect multiple file names from within a folder and
get
them to display within a excel. If it involves using a macro I haven't
been
successful in getting one working yet.

For example if I had music file names and wanted them to display in cells
of
the spreadsheet.