Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ziggy Ziggy is offline

Default SUMIFS using a text range

I am still new to Excel 2007. I want to start using SUMIFS for their
efficiencies over array formulas. They don’t seem to work the same. I
want to sort by Dep and Account and by month. The data comes in TEXT
format. I can’t get it to work without converting the TEXT to VALUES.
I bring in data and need to sort it like this.

Dep AccountII AccountII
SALARIES 110 60010 60999
SERVICES 110 65000 65999
MARKETING 110 70000 74999
TRAVEL 110 75000 79999
FACILITIES 110 80000 80109
OTHER 110 80110 81999
OTHER INCOME 110 82000 89999

SALARIES 120 60000 60999
SERVICES 120 65000 65999
MARKETING 120 70000 74999
TRAVEL 120 75000 79999
FACILITIES 120 80000 80109
OTHER 120 80110 81999
OTHER INCOME 120 82000 89999

This formulas works IF I convert the TEXT to VALUES. In 2003 I could
sort on the TEXT with an ARRAY formula. With 2007 this formula works
but only if I convert the TEXT to Values.

=SUMIFS(Amount,AccountII,"="&$R10,AccountII,"<="& $S10,Dep,$B10,Month,F
$2)

It does not work if I leave the search columns (Account) as TEXT.

Any solutions would be welcome and I thank you in advance.