Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Sum If - How to sum for ranges meeting certain criteria

Do you want a SUM or a COUNT?

Can you post a small sample of data and tell us what result you expect?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Corrina" wrote in message
I have the following data:

Col D Col E Col I
Part Numbers Part Unit Cost Extended Value

Question 1: How do I sum the number of unique parts in the following
ranges
(<=$25, $26-50, $51-100, $101-$500, $501-1,000, $1,001)? I was able to
do
it by part, but not unique part. I am trying to avoid duplicates.

Question 2: How do I sum the dollar value associated with those ranges?
So
I would be able to say I have 10 unique parts in the <$25 category, with a
total extended value of $XXX (this should include the duplicate parts
since I
am trying to get a total value).

I have been playing with this and can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks,