Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eduardo Eduardo is offline

Default Another Custom Format

Hi,
You are mixing numbers and letters, if you condition is <5 it will not work
if you enter a letter, provide an example of what you need, thanks

"Tonso" wrote:

I recently posted a question here about a custom format, and the
response worked great. Now i have another similar question. Using
XL2003, I need a validation list simialr to the example below:

A Less than 5
F Less than 10
K Less than 50
etc
etc

I would like the validation dropdown list to show, for example, "A
Less than 5", but after the selection is made, to only show "A" in the
cell. I can make it work when "A" is a number, for example 1, using
the format General" Less than 5". But that does not work if the 1
is replaced by A. I have tried without success to accomplish this. Is
it possible? How?

Thanks for all your help!

Tonso
.