Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Per Jessen[_2_] Per Jessen[_2_] is offline

Default Conditional Formatting

Hi Donna

=YEAR(DATE(A1,1,1))+100

compared against;

Year(Today())

Regards,
Per

On 23 Mar., 01:03, Donna wrote:
I have a column of numbers that represent the year. I have it formatted as a
number. *I want to compare that number to the current year. What I did was in
another column I used year(today()) to get the current year. It comes out as
2010 I did a right function to the the 10. *I then changed it to a number
format and I am trying to do a conditional formatting to highlight all the
numbers in col a that are 10. It does not work unless I manually type in a
10. * Any help will be greatly appreciated

col a * * * * *
9
10
3