Frank Kabel

Hi
- select the cells for which you want to allow entries
- goto 'Format - Cells - Protection' and uncheck 'Locked'
- now goto 'Tools - Protection' and protect your sheet

Note: This protection mechnism is not very strong and an experienced Excel
user can easily circumvent it

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"ANDREW_B" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi...I have a set of stock figures which decrease whenever a sale is made
and
the data is entered in the right coloumn. I need to know how to make sure
the
clients who Im sending this spreadsheet out to do not input data in the
stock
column and messing up the spreadsheet.

i.e.

Stock Sales
4 0
3 1
3 1
2 2

So I need to make sure the stock coloumn is protected so the client cannot
enter data into it.

Hope this makes sense...Thanks in advance..