Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
xramx xramx is offline

Default Conditional Format Fragmentation

Just tried copy/paste from a cell that had no CF ... the receiving
cell's CF did not change (the rule range still was $N:$N). I (aka
User) then tried deleting one of the rows. NO Fragmentation ... I did
this earlier this am & there was fragmentation.

Confused ...

Ram

On Mar 21, 10:10*am, Barb Reinhardt
wrote:
Is it possible that your users are copying and pasting from another workbook
which may not have the conditional formats? *I've seen that cause the effect
you mention. * If they paste something in the cell with the CF that does not
have CF, the original CF is removed.
--
HTH,

Barb Reinhardt

"xramx" wrote:
My Excel 2007 Worksheet has 19 colms & anywhere from 10 to 40 rows.
The data changes daily with deletions, insertion and additions to the
end.

Colm N has an action indicator & I have set Conditional Formatting to
highlight any "Delete" entries &I set the range to the entire column -
$N:$N.

Works great at first ... then a few days later I look at the "Manage
Rules" & the range associated with my formula has changed and been
fragmented ... eg. $N$29:$N$1048576,$N$1:$N$25. *My guess is that it
is from the deletes ... but how else can I do this. * How do I stop
the row changes from effecting the conditional formatting range?
.