Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Moving Cell Formula

Same answer I posted two days ago when you asked same question.

"cell below" what?

Where is the formula and what is the range it averages?

If you place =AVERAGE(A:A) into B1 then as you add data to column A your
formula in B1 will pick up the new data.

Or place this formula in A2 and insert a row above for each new piece of
data.

=AVERAGE(A1:INDEX(A:A,ROW()-1))

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 16:50:01 -0700, iamjbunni
wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with a summary page and several worksheets following.
My formula calculates from a column of data that is updating with new
information each week. How can I set up a formula to automatically select
the cell below with the new data?