Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme[_2_] Bernard Liengme[_2_] is offline

Default Two formulas in on cell based on two numbers in another cell?

Since we are multiplying by A2, the double negation is not needed to coerce
the text to number.
best wishes
Bernard

"Gary''s Student" wrote in message
Try this:

=A2*(--LEFT(A1,2)) & " - " & A2*(--RIGHT(A1,2))
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001

"Melody" wrote:

Hi,

Not sure this is possible but...I have a cell that has a number range in
it
and based on an amount in another cell want to calculate a new range.
For
example:

Initial Range: A1 = 10 - 12
Calc Amount: A2 = 5
Final Range: A3 = 50 - 60

I think I can get the results by concatenating two formulas I'm just not
sure how to enter the original numbers (A1) or how to distinguish between
the
two in the final formula (A3)

Using Excel 2003. Hope this makes sense. Thanks.