Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Carla Carla is offline

Default Formulas - SUM

Hi Jacob,

I'm referring to a formula summing data above it in several rows, or beside
it in several columns. If you add a row/column in the middle of the series,
the additional data gets included in the sum. I would like to find a way to
have the SUM formula pick up any data that I enter outside the existing data
range (in case I forget to update the formula to include the new data). Or
are there other checks and balances that you can recommend?

Thanks
--
Carla

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Should not..Can you please elaborate your query..

--
Jacob

"Carla" wrote:

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a variation on the SUM formula to pick up data in
rows/columns added outside the existing range?

Carla