Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Vlookup, IF, concantenate, Right -- can all these be in one formu

Try this...

=IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(RIGHT(Transaction!C$2:C$13,4)&Transaction!B$2:B$1 3=RIGHT(A2,4)&B2)),"","X")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote in message
What version of Excel are you using?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"SRH@Boise" wrote in message
I am trying to do a vlookup from one tab with the lookup value a
combination
of B and the last 4 digits of A. Comparing that value to the other tab
that
also requires combining B and last 4 digits of B. If it does find it, I
need
a blank cell returned. If it does not find it, I would like an "X"
returned.

I have found many formulas that have bits and pieces. I am not successful
in
nesting all of these things together. I have spent way too much time
trying
on my own so I appreciate any help you may have.

I also found the * to cause me some problems, which also cause problems
in
find and replace or trimming etc so I am trying the right command to
circumvent that issue.

Same data below:

Tab name:cardholder
a b
AccountNumber Name
556932******0064 RUSS H THACKERY
556932******0072 TODD S CHRISTIAN
556932******0080 TRACIE L MURRAY
556932******0098 BARBARA G GERDE
556932******0106 ERICA L FREY-HOYER

Tab name:Transaction

a b c
Unit Name Cardholder Name Account # Count
Company RUSS H THACKERY 556932******0064 1
Company TODD S CHRISTIAN 556932******0072 2
Company BARBARA G GERDE 556932******0098 1
Company ERICA L FREY-HOYER 556932******0106 14