Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
txmusic txmusic is offline

Default Transferring text from one worksheet to another

I am needing to know how to copy text from a column in one worksheet into a
column in another worksheet based on matching information in a different
column. For example, I have a list of names in two different worksheets.
One list is about 3,200 rows long. The other list is 800 rows long. I need
to searth the longer list to match up names from the shorter list and pull
the employee numbers over from the longer list and paste them into a column
in the shorter list. Hopefully this makes sense.