Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shane Carpenter Shane Carpenter is offline

Default when I type a long number it shows up as smaller number and +

Make sure you double check your column widths and that they are wide enought
to fit this long number. E+11 means that the number is so large, they had
to reduce it down. To get the real number, you would have to move the
decimal spot 11 places to the right. I tried this and all you need to do is
widen your width of columns.

"SandyC" wrote:

when converting from xls to csv format, some of my longer mortgage numbers
get condensed into a smaller number with a letter, a plus sign and another
number. example: 100020013120 turns into 1.0002E+11. Any way to get rid
of this? Thanks,