RWN

Dave;

Thanks, your reply got me to thinking about it.
Turns out that at the beginning of the year we converted from of'97/NT to of'03/XP and I
had grabbed my old XLB file and put it on the new m/c. Did it because I had created my own
Standard toolbar that had a number of my own icons on it.
I then promptly forgot about it-senior's moment I guess.

I assume that was enough for XL to get confused on what to call when the "New" icon was
clicked so it brought me the task pane..

I followed your advice and replaced the "New" icon and all appears to be well.
--
Regards;
Rob