Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ker_01 ker_01 is offline

Default Dynamically update label axis *format* without VBA? (03 and 07)

Workbook currently being developed in 2003, but will be used in both 2003 and
2007.

I have a chart that has dynamic (named range) sources. Users can pick the
metric of interest (revenue, %attendance, etc) and their location, and the
graph will update with the appropriate data.

The problem is the Y-Axis; I haven't figured out how to force the format to
a particular type (number, dollars, percentage, etc) without using VBA. If I
set the axis as percent and then select a revenue graph, I get super huge
percentages instead of the desired number format (and visa versa).

Is there any way to link the axis format to a cell, range, formula, or
anything else without using VBA? My users would not reliably enable macros,
so VBA isn't an ideal solution.

I welcome your tips, tricks, and recommendations. I googled, but all the
hits were general dynamic charts or other non-applicable results.

Thank you!
Keith