Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Art Art is offline

Default autopopulate based on a cell value

I created a spreadsheet in Excel 2007 for instructors to use to prepare
multple choice questions for an exam. Each row represents a different
questions. So, for example,

B1: What is my favorite color?
C1: Red
D1: Incorrect
E1: Yellow
F1: Correct
G1: Blue
H1: Incorrect
I1: Green
J1: Incorrect
K1: Pink
L1: Incorrect

Column B is the question and columns C, E, G, I, K are the five possible
choices and columns D, F, H, J, and L designates whether the previous column
is a correct or incorrect answer. When exported and imported into our
learning management system, students would see this:

1. What is my favorite color?
a. Red
b. Yellow
c. Blue
d. Green
e. Pink

(Note: This is the format we have to use in order for it to be exported and
then imported correctly into our learning management system.)

The spreadsheet works fine if information is entered manually; however, I'd
like to make it easier for instructors so that if once they enter Correct
into any of the columns D, F, H, J, and L, it autopopulates the remaining
columns with Incorrect. This would work even if they change their mind and
change a different column to Correct and then the remaining columns (even the
one originally designated as Correct) to Incorrect.

I played around with some macros but don't know enough to really understand
what the statements in the macros do to adjust for my needs.

Any thoughts?