Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Why does the "/" key act like the alt key

FSt1

I will confirm your suspicions about the Transition settings and the / key
in 2007.

Behaves same as earlier versions..............acts as Alt key

Gord

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 17:56:01 -0700, FSt1
wrote:

hi
when used alone, it is the "help" key. when other characters are used first,
it's just a slash.
to change it or disable.....
office buttonexcel optionsadvance
scroll to the bottom. uncheck any transition setting. if there is a small
box with a / in it, delete the /. should have heading of MS Menu or Help key.
(i don't have 2007 yet. still doing reseach.)

post back with your actions so i can add to my library.

regards
FSt1

"JV" wrote:

I'm using excel 2007 and when I use the "/" it acts like the alt keys. Is
there a way to turn this feature off?