Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AZSteve AZSteve is offline

Default Importing cells frmom a calendar workbook

"Time-off Calendar" is Excel workbook with 12 worksheets, Jan, Feb, Mar, etc.
Each is set up like a calendar with 7 columns (days of week) across and
usually 5 weeks down, where first and last rows may be partially filled like
a typical calendar.

But days aren't single cells - top cell for each day has number (date), and
about nine cells below it to enter time-off requests (one request per cell,
as text). Top cell showing date is actual date number formated as "d" so
only the day number shows.

In workbook ZZZ (ideally Excel 2003) I want to be able to enter the date and
have all requests for that date in "Time-Off Calendar" workbook to be
imported, one line for each entry under that date.

I have used the match function for a less-complicated situation - only one
worksheet in the other workbook contains the data I need. But here I need to
choose both the correct worksheet and the correct day in the other workbook
to be able to get the ten cells below with that day's requests. Or, since
each date number is unique, can I get what I want by searching the whole
Time-Off Calendar workbook? I don't want to have to set up 365 ranges across
the 12 worksheets.

Help please.