Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Scatterpoot not using X values properly -- using relative ranking

Eric_G wrote on Thu, 11 Mar 2010 09:45:01 -0800:

# in list X value Y Value
1 12.2 13.7
2 10.7 11.3
etc.

The graph is currently plotting the values as (1,13.7), then
(2,11.3) and NOT with the correct X values as listed in the
chart. I've checked the ranges and there's nothing indicating
that the graph should look to the "relative position" for the
x-axis value. What gives?

I was initially intrigued by the term "scatterpoot" but I guess your
mail program, like mine, does not check Subject: lines :-)

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland