Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Ron@Buy Ron@Buy is offline

Default change excel sheet defaults

Try this:
Click on The Office Button (the big round circle next to the Home tab on the
ribbon).
Click on the 'Excel Options' button (along the bottom).
Click on 'Formulas' in the left hand column.
and uncheck the R1C1 option in the 'working with formulas' section
Then click on OK to close the window.
Hope this helps

"M" wrote:

When I first open Excel '07, the page defaults to r1c1 reference style and
manual calculations. I change it back to "normal" everyday, but it's so
frustrating! How can I change this permanently? I could do it in earlier
versions of Excel, but haven't found a way here.