Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RLD RLD is offline

Default Formatting 0 values to show blank cells

I cannot use ;;""; because it returns no value. I need the value to remain
at 0 because it is part of another SUM formula.

"Hakyab" wrote:

You can use set the custom format to

;;"";

See Worksheet and Excel table basics Formatting numbers in Excel help file
for details.

"RLD" wrote:

I am using the =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(...)),0,VLOOKUP(...)) to return a zero value.
For printing purposes I need the 0 to not show in the cell (blank cell). I
can do this by using the accounting format, but a dash (-) still shows in the
cell. The sheet is protected to protect the formula. How can I protect AND
not show anything in the cell WHILE keeping the value at "0"?