Stan Brown

On Tue, 31 May 2005 15:07:00 -0500, Dave Peterson
wrote:

Stan Brown wrote:

This is a real head-scratcher in Excel 2003 under Win XP Pro SP2.

My formula is
=MIN(ProfWeeks,MAX(0,NETWORKDAYS(E7,TODAY())))
and it gives #NAME?. I clicked on the little ! icon and chose Show
Calculation Steps; it confirms that NETWORKDAYS is the problem.

Yes, ATP is checked in "Tools - Addins".

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;291058 gives
advice, which I followed, to force a recalculate. That didn't help
either.

I think I'd try turning the analysis toolpak addin off, then turn it on to see
if that helped.

If it didn't, I think I'd reinstall that addin (maybe even remove it first).

Thanks for the response. I did try unticking it, clicking OK, then
ticking it and clicking OK. Then I tried a MS office repair
installation, then with Add/Remove I deleted all the Add-ins, then
re-installed them and re-ticked ATP and clicked OK.

I'm really baffled. I've tried Googling, but aside from the
reference I cited above the others seemed to be cured by ticking the
Data Analysis add-in.

I'm wondering if this is some weird permission issue (though it
shouldn't be, since my disk is FAT32) or registry issue. I did the
installation as Admin and was running as limited user; however when
I tried the spreadsheet as Admin I still had the #NAME? problem.

Here are the files in my addins directory:

Directory of C:\Program Files\MSOffice\OFFICE11\ADDINS\*

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"I feel a wave of morning sickness coming on, and I want to
be standing on your mother's grave when it hits."