Brad

Default normalizing data -- a twist

I have the following data in the left-most column and the results of a
formula in the next:

0.006149 0.710222
0.004668 0.676867
-0.00354 0.49206
-0.01529 0.227635
-0.01644 0.201561
-0.0195 0.132744
-0.01835 0.15867
-0.0254 0
-0.02151 0.087515
-0.01532 0.226867
-0.00885 0.372547
0 0.571774
0.011987 0.841663
0.016434 0.941773
0.01902 1

The formula normalizes the first column data so that the values in the
second column are valued between 1 and 0. The formula is:

=(A131-SMALL($A$131:$A$145,1))/(LARGE($A$131:$A$145,1)-SMALL($A$131:$A$145,1))

My problem is that, in the event that there is a zero value in the column of
numbers (the numbers almost always include positive and negative values), I
would like the normalizing formula to show a zero value in the results
there. Note that the actual 0 datum when normalized through this range,
equals .571774.

Since the zero value would normally not be the middle value of the range of
numbers, I think if I could come up with a formula to normalize all the
values greater than 0 with a range of 0 to 1, then all negative numbers 0
to -1, and 0= 0, I'd have what I am looking for. I'd appreciate any thoughts
here and my thanks in advance. Brad