Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Multiply Cell Values which include text units

But yours is a better way. I also thought of suggesting that, but just
decided to give him a 'straight' answer :-)

--

HTH

Bob

"pmartglass" wrote in message
I like that

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Try

=SUBSTITUTE(B13," Units","")*SUBSTITUTE(C13," / Ea","")

--

HTH

Bob

"DaveR" wrote in message
I have a formula in cell G13 that shows "=B13*C13". Is there a way that
can multiply cell B13 which has a number format and reads "61 Units" to
cell
C13 which has a currency format and contains "34.23 / Ea" to get a
value
of
$2,088.03 shown in cell G13? I don't know if I can show text in the
cell
that is being referenced in a formula.

Can you show text in a cell that is being referenced in a formula
without
receiving the "#value!" in the formula cell?

Thanks.

.