Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Sam Sam is offline

Default how to copy sheet with charts without link to original data

Hi Esty,

Probably wont help you, but I had similar problem, I posted few days
ago. Didn't resolved it yet, but Jon suggested a tool on his website.
Doesn't do all the job, but still half way there - allows you to
automate the renaming. Didnt tried it my self - I did it the hard way
renaming 3 sheets 50 tabs each (gosh there were 150 graphs :( ), - but
if it works it will save you some time

that was my thread:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...sloc=en-us&p=1

the link to the tool:
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/how...ries-formulas/

Not sure how helpful that is, but it is at least an option.
If you find any better (automated method) of renaming the series of the
chart, let us know. I'll appreciate it.

Sam

On 3/10/2010 11:15 AM, Esty wrote:
I have a worksheet with ten charts on it. I need to copy the worksheet with
all its data and related charts to new sheets or files so I have a page for
every day, with different data entered every day. But when I copy the
worksheet with embedded charts and paste it into a new file, the charts pull
their source data from the original worksheet, not the new one.
The source data Value box is written as such, ='03-09-10'!$D$12

any ideas?