Dave Peterson

Do you type in dates (01/21/2005 and format as MMM to get Jan)?

Or do you type in the text Jan, Feb, ...?

Vickster3659 wrote:

Hi,
I have a worksheet that gets new data added once per month, using "Month" as
a column. Before I added May data, my pivot table report displayed in the
correct order- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Grand Total. I'm using Office XP.

After adding May data and refreshing the pivot, my pivot table now is
displayed as Jan, Feb, Mar, May, Apr, Grand Total. How do I get May to be
displayed after Apr? The data is pasted into the source worksheet with May
after April.

This does not happen all the time, but is extremely frustrating when it does
because I have to tell the recipient "I don't know why this happens!"
--
Vickster3659

--

Dave Peterson