Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default How do I change the fill color of a cell using an "IF" functio

There is no Excel version 7. Do you mean Excel 2007?

If so, Conditional Formatting is on the Home menu.

Regards,
Fred

"Flojoe" wrote in message
HELP! I cannot get your steps to work with Microsoft Office Excel 7 --
when
I go to Data there is not a Conditional Formatting option to select
from --
what am I missing? Thanks! Flojoe

"bpeltzer" wrote:

Use conditional formatting. Select the cell, then Data Conditional
Formatting. Set the condition(s) and corresponding format(s). Then if
the
condition is satisfied the format will be applied.

"donschap" wrote:

I'm trying to change the fill color of a cell based on a condition
(value)..
FOr example if a value is less than 7, fill the cell color in red