Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default AutoFill Changing Wrong Value

Thanks for the feedback, Lisa. You seem to have changed the details.

Note that if you use ROW(A1) instead of ROW()-13 in your formula, then
this will return 1 whichever row it is in, whereas the second term is
dependent on which row you put it in.

Pete

On Mar 9, 11:09*am, Lisa wrote:
Thanks, I have combined what both posts advised and ended up with this for
the sum cells:

=SUM(INDIRECT("'"&ROW()-13&"'!E98"))

Thanks and Regards, Lisa

"Pete_UK" wrote:
Presumably you want to sum data from that range? Try this:

=SUM(INDIRECT("'"&ROW(A1)&"'!B3:E3"))

then copy that down as far as you need.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 9, 9:37 am, Lisa wrote:
I'm trying to create an analysis sheet that gathers data from 100 worksheets
within the same workbook.

I want the same cell reference in each sheet, but to change the sheet number
in each cell.

The worksheets are named 1 - 100

Here is the formula: ='1'!B3:E3

It changes the cell references only, not the worksheets.

I've changed the formula to keep the cell references: ='1'!$B$3:$E$3

I now need the formula to increment the sheet number each time, PLEASE!!!

Thanks, Lisa