Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula to sum up the dates

To be more accurate, it wasn't that you had a date displayed in the wrong
format, as Excel doesn't care which format is used for display. The problem
was that the cell had TEXT instead of an Excel date.
--
David Biddulph

"Kimti" wrote in message
Hi Per,

It worked ok now, there was wrong format for the date in one cell.

Thank you very much for your help.

Kimti

"Kimti" wrote:

Hi Per,

I checked the range for both sides and they are same.

"Per Jessen" wrote:

Well, just a guess, if you changed the range, verify that both ranges
are the same size.

Hopes this helps.
Per

On 8 Mar., 13:44, Kimti wrote:
It gave me "#value" error. Please let me know what set up do I need
to do to
clear this error.

Thanks,
Kimti

"Per Jessen" wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

The sheet reference need to be just before the cell reference:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$100)=1),--(Sheet1!$B$2:$B
$100="John C"))

---
Per

On 7 Mar., 23:15, Kimti wrote:
Thank you Per, this worked on the same sheet in different cell. I
would like
to have this summary on different sheet. I tried following:

=SUMPRODUCT(SHEET1!(MONTH($A$2:$A$100)=1),SHEET1!( $B$2:$B100="JOHN
C"))
But this did not work, please provide further help.

Thanks,

Kimti

"Per Jessen" wrote:
Hi

Look at this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH($A$2:$A$100)=1),--($B$2:$B$100="John C"))

You can change the second criteria ("John C") to a cell
reference if
you have list with your 11 employees which you want to use.

Regards,
Per

On 7 Mar., 21:59, Kimti
wrote:
I have column A with the date and column B with the name of
person assigned
for the task. I would like to count how many tasks assigned
to any particular
person for whole month based on column A dates.

A B
Jan 10, 2010 John C
Jan 12, 2010 Jason B
Jan 13, 2010 John C

John C was assigned two tasks in Month of Jan. Usally I have
about 80 tasks
for 11 employees per month.

Thank you in advance for your help.

.- Skjul tekst i anførselstegn -