Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Drop Down List

Yes, you can do this in Excel.

For help on creating Dependent data validation dropdown lists see Debra
Dalgleish's site.

For help on VLOOKUP to populate the "other fields" after choosing product
see also at Debra's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 15:42:01 -0800, cp402
wrote:

I want to organize different types of products using drop down lists:

1) drop down list of manufacturers (easy)

2) depending on the manufacturer chosen I want their SPECIFIC PRODUCTS ONLY
to be seen in the second drop down list

3) once I have chosen the product info in other fields appears such as unit
price, etc

I have been told I cant do this in Excel... is this true?