Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default Problem with Sorting

You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,
Fred

"RS" wrote in message
This one worked perfect as well! Thank you SO much for your assistance,
as
well! Now I have two formulas to use instead of none. Thank you! RS

"Fred Smith" wrote:

I don't know of any way. I would insert a helper column with the formula:
=if(len(a1)=5,left(a1,4)&"0"&right(a1,1),a1)

Then sort on that column. You can hide the column if you don't want it
displayed.

Regards,
Fred

"RS" wrote in message
I am trying to sort the following, but keep getting the wrong answer. I
want
A09-2 and A09-3 to be after A09-1, not the way it is shown below. I
appreciate any input. I know if I add a 0 in front of the 1, 2, or 3,
it
will sort okay. However, I prefer to not have to do that. Any help
would
be
much appreciated!

A09-1